Welcome to REMSA (Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority)REMSA is located at 450 Edison Way, Reno, Nevada and is the exclusive ground ambulance provider for Washoe County, including the Cities of Sparks and Reno. REMSA's Care Flight helicopter also serves all of Northern Nevada and Northeastern California. We can be contacted at 775-858-5700
Since its inception in 1986, REMSA (Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority) has been a non-profit community service. REMSA has dramatically improved the quality and responsiveness of emergency services in the Truckee Meadows for over 28 years.
REMSA has grown from a company of 50 employees in 1986 to over 420 in 2015. With its growth, REMSA has become an integral part of the Health Care community, not just an ambulance/helicopter service. One of the major reasons for REMSA's success is that, over the past 28 years, we have been flexible and adaptive to the changing health care environment. Our emergency medical system (EMS) is constantly undergoing fine-tuning and review. High quality equipment, continuing education, certified Emergency Medical Dispatchers and national recognition make REMSA one of the best-known EMS systems in the nation.
With the large population growth seen in Nevada since REMSA's inception, the Reno-Sparks area has seen phenomenal expansion during the same period. REMSA continues to meet the challenge of providing the highest quality Advanced Life Support with the fastest response times possible, at the lowest competitive price.
To strive to meet the needs of Our Patients & Families, Our Employees, The Communities and Agencies we serve through: Professionalism & Quality Care, Safety, Teamwork, Innovation and Leadership, Education, Adaptability and Growth in the evolving healthcare setting.
Philosophy and Values
- Decision making is to occur at the appropriate level closest to the delivery of service.
- Creativity, innovation, quality performance and leadership are encouraged and highly valued.
- The success of our mission is achieved through providing quality service with integrity, professionalism and dedication.
- We are the stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- We strive to make our work safe, healthy, fun and fulfilling and to support each other in times of need.
- Everyone deserves the right to be treated with empathy, fairness, dignity and respect.
- We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for ourselves, our families, and the community we serve.
- We strive to create opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We are responsible to each other and will find solutions through teamwork and communications with a positive, open-minded attitude.
- For patient care and operational decisions, the STARCARE checklist will be applied.
We may be contacted at:
Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority
450 Edison Way
Reno, NV 89502